Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-05-2023, 08:45 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: That deal is totally one-sided for Dallas. Sac doesn't want or need Maxi who is regressing as he ages with injuries. Utah doesn't really have a need for THJ and I doubt they deal Collins for him, Sac needs 3 pt shooting so I doubt they give up on Huerter and they are developing Keegan Murray as their 3 pt shooting 4 man. He shoots it very well. I don't see this projected trade happening.

Ah...its THJ for Jonathan Isaac I was thinking about.   Thats the deal that is mentioned on here frequently lately, not Collins.

But the reason I posted it is because there is a thread on RealGM(yup, thats where I get most of my bball info. sue me) asking for people to submit their trade ideas on helping Sac find a PF and the PF needs to not clog the lane on offense so that Fox and Sabonis can cook.  So...I assumed Sac probably needs a stretch PF.   There were lots of people discussing options like it was a need for Sac.   If the internet played me and its BS...whatever.

I understand Maxi value has tanked since he has become AD injury wise. FO's cant take risks on injury prone guys...but I think Maxi, for all his flaws, is a quick footed, long, defensive PF that can stretch the floor. But here we are on this very forum talking about trading THJ for Jonathan Isaac. I get that the potential with Isaac is far greater...but his injury risk is far greater too. If we can talk about acquiring Isaac, I think it fair I can talk about Maxi be acquired by someone.

Ainge is the other issue with this...he is supposedly hard to work with. Getting off a guy that most think is a little overpaid earlier, new player cheaper on the books and becoming an expiring soon...while also getting assets back. Maybe he would do the deal. Whats funny is, Collins is seen as a negative on RealGM boards and a lot of posts are saying we shouldnt trade THJ based on how he is playing and his contract.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by youzigizag - 12-05-2023, 09:55 AM