Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-04-2023, 04:23 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: My favorite lineup to end a game this year was Luka, Kyrie, Green, Jones and Lively grouping in the Houston game..  I am not saying this lineup is what I want to close every game.    But it gave me a visual of what I want to see moving down the road.   Long, athletic and active.   Lively is the key.  He has been much further along than what I was hoping.    He has to be a chance to be a unique big.  Maybe not all star but a guy who is really, really valuable to his team.    

That group that finished the Houston game was able make plays without scoring.   The hustle plays and defensive possessions.   I think they are still missing that big wing and maybe that one bulldog perimeter player.  It may need to be two guys because one guy who can do this is going to be over 30 million in all likelihood.    

Yes...now imagine if that player was slightly bigger/better than DJJ (and could rebound) and you still had DJJ coming off the bench. 

I do still think backup center is an issue.  It is probably a 24 minute position (maybe more in the playoffs) until Lively gets out of that 'rookie call' phase of his career (however long that takes).  We have basic 'replacement level' guys on the roster already.  I think we need more.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill, surfpuckmd
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-04-2023, 04:40 PM