Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-03-2023, 08:24 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I too as one of his biggest fans have been disappointed in Hardy.  He is losing minutes.   

The more I look at our roster, I think Green is a rotation guard and not a wing.  He just makes our current roster too small.  Maybe he plays 3 at times but I view him more of a guard.   

Minutes are tight, but I hope OMAx gets more opportunities.  Live with his rawness.  He provides the exact length and athleticism this team needs.   

It was kind of telling last night that the G-league guys got more burn than Hardy.  As Killer said, we may have passed peak trade value.  It has always been about decision making for Hardy.  It hasn't been good.  You get glimpses of brilliance followed by glimpses of THJ at his worst.

I think whatever you call Green, he fits nicely between Kyrie and Luka in the starting lineup.  Doesn't demand shots, takes the more difficult back court matchup and helps out on D (maybe too much).  Moves the ball and helps with pace.  I don't think he's the long term problem here and I like Exum/Seth providing depth and helping to manage minutes here.  With this much depth, it is hard to find developmental minutes for Hardy.

What that leaves you with is THJ, GWill and DJJ eating up 3/4 minutes (and if Green is starting, we are calling Luka a 3 also).  GWill is 27 of 82 from the field in his last 11 games (.329%).  DJJ beats him at FG%, 3% and per minute rebounding and scoring.  GWill's body language hasn't been what it was to start the season (and Green's doesn't look great either, which makes you wonder).  I think GWill is miscast as a starting four here.  But, he can't be a three as he can't guard perimeter 3's/2's.  He's probably a valuable bench guy.    

I think at some point we'll need to decide between OMax and Hardy to get developmental minutes.  It is hard to find time for both.  Right now, the bigger need is for OMax to step up, but it feels like a pretty long term project.  Will we have the patience?  And, who do you play him with that also hides his issues on O?  I thought he looked more comfortable (or less lost) last night.   

In one of the recent games there was some complaining about defensive rotations and guys not knowing where to be.  Watch THJ sometime.  He squares up on guys and tries hard and we all think he's playing D.  But, watch him away from the ball.  It isn't good.  It is the same old story.  We have 3 starters and a bunch of guys who are 5 - 9's in Green, THJ, DJJ and GWill.  We need a starting four and we need better at the backup 5 (especially on those nights when Lively has foul issues).  That Iztok video you posted makes a fantastic point.  The way Lively is developing, by the end of next season (assuming we get that one more guy who pushes GWill to the bench), we are going to be trouble.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • mvossman, surfpuckmd
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-03-2023, 10:25 AM