Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 15: Los Angeles Lakers (9-7) vs. Dallas Mavericks (10-5) | 101-104 WIN!!!!!!!!
(11-23-2023, 10:10 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: Holmes should take all of the Powell minutes once Lively is back. He can rebound and at least make an attempt to disrupt the paint

Hardy needs to be in the G league. Give his minutes and some of Hardaway’s to Exum

Luka
Kyrie
Green
G Will
Lively

Exum
THJ
DJJ
Holmes

I want to see what those 9 guys can do together with extended run. Then once Maxi is back, add DJJ back to the starting lineup to give it some more size

I think when you look at that second unit you quickly see why Kidd is trying to put Green in that unit instead of DJJ.  There just isn’t enough reliable shooting between Exum, DJJ and whatever backup center is on the floor.  I’d personally start Green as I think there are ways to carve up the rotation to keep enough shooting on the floor.  But, I can see what Kidd is trying to do.  

Ultimately, there are three roles in our top 8.

Center:  Lively backed up by some combo of Powell/Holmes (or Holmes/Powell)

3 & D Wings:  Essentially a rotation of two out of Josh, GWill and DJJ 

Scorers:  Essentially a rotation of two out of Luka, Kyrie and Hardaway

Exum is kind of a ball handling defensive wing.  Maxi, if healthy, is kind of a large 3 & D Wing who gets miscast as a stand alone center.  I don’t know if they are fully members of the top 8 in a playoff series, but they will probably get minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 15: Los Angeles Lakers (9-7) vs. Dallas Mavericks (10-5) | 101-104 WIN!!!!!!!! - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-23-2023, 12:44 PM