Poll: Delon Nickname
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Timeskipper
40.00%
4 40.00%
4thDimension
20.00%
2 20.00%
Other
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Delon "Warp" Wright: All things from the 4th Dimension
(01-06-2020, 10:30 AM)omahen Wrote: All in all, I don't think he can be more than a back up for a contender unless his offense improves. I don't think Mavs would have a problem replacing his production, so if a right opportunity comes along, I wouldn't hesitate to trade him. I doubt he has a very positive trade value - we might get more suitable back up player and that's it.
I think this is an off evaluation. If we're talking about a Lakers contender type team, I think he would be just fine as a starter for them. I don't hesitate to trade anyone on the team that is not named Luka or Kristaps (well maybe Maxi, because he is just one of those guys to me). 

Why do you doubt he has positive trade value to a team wanting a PG? I mean, if Min is looking for a PG and the rumor has them wanting DSJ, Wright should be big time value. His stint in Mem showed he could start and be really productive doing so. He doesn't do so here because Luka is our guy doing that. That isn't a knock on him that an MVP candidate is playing his role.

Min and RoCo is exactly who I'm targeting with Wright. RoCo and Dieng for Wright, Lee and GSW second is the value I'm looking to extract. I'm willing to give up more seconds (or if they require it, JJ) and I'm going in without proposing the GSW second to target that as the final piece to the negotiation (while being willing to give more value).

That trade drops $30M off their cap within the next 3 years, with $22.6M this coming offseason. That is significant enough money to add plenty enough value in a RoCo for Wright trade, esp since they have their RoCo replacement on the roster already.

Luka/JB
THJ/Curry
RoCo or DFS/DFS or RoCo
KP/Maxi
Dieng/Powell

That is the best bench in the league, and a dieng good starting team as well.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Delon "Warp" Wright: All things from the 4th Dimension - by ItsGoTime - 01-06-2020, 11:00 AM