Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 13: Milwaukee Bucks (9-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-4) | 125-132 loss
Problem with Green is I think he has already bought into the mindset of just being a guy content to be along for the ride like Powell and Kleber (who I think are his best friends on the team, coincidentally).

He is okay with just going to the corner and letting the stars carry the load on offense. After 3 years, teams now have a scouting report on him and plenty of game film to know what to do when he's in the game. The hustle and energy plays we used to see aren't coming as easily now because he's not surprising opponents anymore - they know to expect that from him now.

When that happens, you have to develop other parts of your game and we have not seen anything from Green - no floater, no creation of a jumper off the dribble, no post-up ability, etc. He's just content being that corner 3 and D guy like Bullock, except he's still not a great shooter. I think his struggles at the FT line also makes him scared to do anything else on offense. He is one of the worst FT shooters on the team and that might be a big reason why they lost confidence in him early in the season

The offense stalls when he's in the game because defenses know he is going to be glued to the corner for the entire shot clock so the Mavs only have 4/5 of the floor to operate. That results in bad possessions and then defensively, it's not all his fault but when you combine being out there with Powell/THJ and either Luka/Kyrie then you're going to give up a lot of buckets...thus the negative +/-
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 11-19-2023, 09:46 AM
RE: Game 13: Milwaukee Bucks (9-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-4) | 125-132 loss - by SwisherPrice - 11-19-2023, 04:54 PM