Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 13: Milwaukee Bucks (9-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-4) | 125-132 loss
(11-19-2023, 04:26 AM)MrGoat Wrote: I knew demoting Green right after signing him to a contract was going to backfire on us at some point. Killed his confidence

The question is if DJJ starting was really that great. Mavs could use him on the bench more.

Even in terms of how well they are performing. The s5 is +-0 net now but was -5 net rating for a long time. I still don't like the starting 5 nor the rotation pattern for the most part. Even if the roster is limited, you can do better i think.

I said it in the discord after a few games. He doesn't do Powell nor Green any favours running lineups that are smaller and look kinda bad on paper. To make it even harder. Kidd has put all the thicker players (Luka/DJJ/GW) in the s5, and the bench has ""none"". Because most of them are on the bench at the same time. The rotation pattern isn't working well. Lively plays with "more" defense than Powell does at times. If anything you need to put more defense around Powell, and not less.

Not surprised they suck on D if they play lineups with Luka or Tim at PF.

[Image: tim.png]
[Image: powell.png]

Powell has a great defensive two man net rating with Exum and Jones. Thats about it. The rest is more or less worst defense in the league material.

- Exum + Powell 112.5 DefRtg (18.5 net rating in 50 min)
- DJJ + Powell 107.8 DefRtg

• starting 5 is low key surprisingly bad on offense (110 ORtg) and great on defense (110 DefRtg)
  • bench is good on offense (Tim lineups have a great OffRtg for the most part), but Tim/Powell ultra bad defense

Aka bench has to be Exum - Tim - X - DJJ - Powell. X is either Luka or Kyrie.

How he gets there doesn't matter. Try to bench DJJ early if he is starting and bring him back with Tim and Powell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sefant's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 11-19-2023, 09:46 AM
RE: Game 13: Milwaukee Bucks (9-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-4) | 125-132 loss - by sefant - 11-19-2023, 12:23 PM