Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 11: New Orleans Pelicans (5-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (8-3) | 110-131 loss
(11-15-2023, 04:03 AM)Dundalis Wrote: I think we are beyond the potential expectation of Luka eventually acting like a seasoned pro night in night out. Everyone of Luka's teammates says Luka acts like a little kid all the time. I have a feeling it's not him "acting" his age, and more it's just straight up him. Maybe by his late 20's the stuff changes, but I get the feeling his overall attitude to the game is kinda kid like, and that includes both the positives that come from that but also the negatives. And this is the most extreme example of the negative.

I think it's potentially gonna be a Draymond like situation, where you either accept the cons that come with him or you don't accept him at all. Hope I'm wrong. Either way, thankfully these types of outings, despite being more common than we would like aren't that common, especially when the team is doing well.

I agree with you. I don't think Luka's cons are nearly as bad as Draymond though. In 5 years how many times can we say Luka gave up? I can probably count maybe 4 or 5 and it all occured in the regular season. It should be never, but he's human and allowed to have off-nights. 

I was so mad last night that I probably went a bit overboard in my reaction but like everyone else here said the team played like drunkards. 

As a clarification I don't question Luka's willingness to win. He is as competitive as they come. But his immaturity at times is so poor that it shocks me he even had the discipline to become this good to begin with.

I'm a Luka stan. He's my favorite player in the NBA by a longshot and I'm so happy he's on the Mavs, but sheesh dude if he could just get a little more "Tim Duncan-esque" in his system I'm not sure he'll ever lose a basketball game again.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-14-2023, 09:31 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by Chicagojk - 11-14-2023, 09:35 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-14-2023, 09:48 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-14-2023, 10:25 PM
RE: Game 11: New Orleans Pelicans (4-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (8-2) | 110-131 loss - by SleepingHero - 11-15-2023, 01:12 PM