Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
(01-05-2020, 04:49 PM)omahen Wrote: I think Zion will play the four and Favors keeps his minutes. It would take a pretty unhappy Favors for NO to trade him imho. I would say they brought him as a longer term soloution, not just one season rental - meaning, they are counting on that he will resign
I think we'll know a lot more once Zion gets some court time. Seems their play is at the same spot on the court with that team. Okafor might be the better use of spacing since Zion brings the defense. Not sure I'm willing to give up Kleber to get Favors but I see him as a guy they could use with Zion really well, but it's close and I might need some compensation back from them to give up Kleber (and whatever else is used to match salaries). Just went on the trade checker and I know you'll poopoo on this trade, but wonder if this is the right value:

NO => Jrue and Favors (maybe their worst min salary guy to match the number of players outgoing with incoming, maybe Kenrich Williams?)
Dal => Maxi, Wright, THJ, 2025 first (willing to give up GSW second and 1 or 2 more seconds)

NO rotation looks pretty dang good:
Ball/Wright
THJ/Reddick
Ingram/Hart
Zion/Melli
Kleber/Okafor

Mavs rotation is pretty good too:
Luka/JB
Jrue/Curry
DFS/JJ
KP/Roby or Williams
Favors/Powell

We would then use our MLE in the offseason shore up the bench.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by ItsGoTime - 01-05-2020, 05:55 PM