Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
(01-05-2020, 04:05 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I guess it's a matter of degree. Say they trade a 34% three-point shooter for a guy who is 34.5% and costs twice as much. I would understand if they didn't want to spring for that, considering the very marginal improvement on the court, significantly increased cost, and disadvantages of having a new guy who has to come in and learn the system mid-season. It's possible to fall so in love with the idea of a trade that a person doesn't consider whether the game is worth the candle. (Not saying you are doing that, just making the point in general.)
Yes, yes, yes. I think if that 34.5% is in the body of a player that can also play better defense, that is the full on upgrade I'm wanting. The reason I'm high on RoCo is because at this moment, he might actually be a worse candidate to replace DFS in the starting lineup. However, if we acquire him (without using DFS) and either DFS or him comes off the bench (they both have to fight for it), the impact of that trade is HUGE. I think there is a package we can offer that puts us in the conversation for him (part of the offer would be to absorb Dieng's contract).

The reason I'm high on Favors is because he can do the things Powell does, but he would add a large amount of defense and a big body that can take on the other bigs of the league so as not to wear down our smaller bodied bigs. NO got him for cap room and 2 seconds.  I think Lee and 2-3 seconds or Lee, JJ and 1-2 seconds would be something NO would consider (of course starting out smaller to negotiate to that point).

Edit: We would pay more than NO paid because they are not in desperation mode to get Favors off their roster like Utah was.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by ItsGoTime - 01-05-2020, 04:30 PM