Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
(01-05-2020, 03:54 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 02:44 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: And any mid-season trade inevitably involves a disruption in chemistry for a period of time, so they may want to be conservative about making tweaks around the edges, in order to maintain continuity for their young team
This is my concern and what I was talking about previously. If they recognize a problem, I believe it should be attempted to be fixed with less than a conservative approach (not going to say an aggressive approach, and I'm still patient enough to wait it out to the TDL to form any type of definitive opinion) and is why I hope they see at least some of the issues we see (cause I don't expect them to believe all the problems we bring up, that they believe to be problems, but I hope they at least see problems).
I guess it's a matter of degree. Say they trade a 34% three-point shooter for a guy who is 34.5% and costs twice as much. I would understand if they didn't want to spring for that, considering the very marginal improvement on the court, significantly increased cost, and disadvantages of having a new guy who has to come in and learn the system mid-season. It's possible to fall so in love with the idea of a trade that a person doesn't consider whether the game is worth the candle. (Not saying you are doing that, just making the point in general.)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by mavsluvr - 01-05-2020, 04:05 PM