Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
(01-05-2020, 02:44 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I don't think so. The Mavs have done the vast majority of their roster construction over the years in the summers, afaik.
I can't recall all their best work, but some of the things that really stand out to me:
JHo-Was trade
Kidd trade
KP trade
Bradley/Pack trade

Some less than best work but not bad either:
Yogi Ferrell was signed mid-season
Noel was a mid-season trade 
McDermott (reclamation with us to serviceable rotation player for Ind now)

The rest:
Barnes was an attempt at a good trade.  Confused
I mean, who can forget Matt Carroll and Ryan Hollins for Diop trade mid-season!  Smile 
Also, DP was acquired mid-season, Cuban is still claiming victory on that trade because of him.  Dodgy

So let's change that "most" to "some of" in my quote. I think that covers it pretty much. 

Yes, they've done the vast majority of their roster construction in the offseason, because the vast majority of available players are available at that time. I'm not looking for blockbuster moves. I'm looking for 2 good bench players (and/or prospects) for a solid starter level player, or something akin to that type of trades. The Matt Carroll and Ryan Hollins for Diop trades, the McDermott/Noel type trades. We have the two guys that can carry this team, we need the dog sled team around them to improve.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by ItsGoTime - 01-05-2020, 03:42 PM