Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
(01-05-2020, 02:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
Quote:But I would be really surprised if they can do anything earthshaking during the season.
Isn't that when they've done most of their best work though?
I don't think so. The Mavs have done the vast majority of their roster construction over the years in the summers, afaik.

(01-05-2020, 02:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
Quote:I think the Mavs would love to pull the trigger now if they saw a way to improve the team at an acceptable cost.
I'm sure they are making and receiving calls, I wonder how serious they are taking it?
I'm sure they are taking it seriously. Why wouldn't they be? That doesn't mean they are aggressively shopping players, except maybe Lee's expiring contract. They just don't have a lot in their purse that another team would be likely to give up a mouthwatering asset for. And any mid-season trade inevitably involves a disruption in chemistry for a period of time, so they may want to be conservative about making tweaks around the edges, in order to maintain continuity for their young team. 

Not saying they shouldn't make a trade. I just don't expect anything groundbreaking, in view of circumstances. Who knows, maybe I'll be wrong?

(01-05-2020, 01:22 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
Quote:Thanks for the thoughts.
I just want to say, thank you for this response (and really just your whole presence on the board). It is so perfect. I don't care if I ever disagree with you, I will always try to respect you for being so well mannered (and generally balanced) in your responses and takes
What a kind thing to say! Thanks, IGT.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by mavsluvr - 01-05-2020, 02:44 PM