Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
(01-05-2020, 01:57 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: But I would be really surprised if they can do anything earthshaking during the season.
Isn't that when they've done most of their best work though?

(01-05-2020, 01:57 PM)omahen Wrote: He is against player like CP3 and says Iggy is the man. I don't think Iggy is facilitator at all, he just plays defense and can score on some open looks.
I don't think he wants Iggy to be a facilitator, I think he wants him to do what you said, so he wants him for a different reason, and doesn't want CP3 because of the role he believes CP3 wants to have. I'll let him explain further if it is needed.

I think it didn't work in Houston because he didn't have much of a say about when he got the ball. In OKC, it's him deferring to the sophomore and then deciding that the clutch is where he'll insert himself. I think there is enough of a difference there to make him happy with his situation in OKC (esp after coming out of such a place of disgruntlement). I don't know how Luka would do long-term with CP3 choosing when he gets the ball as opposed to Luka being that guy. Like KP though, it probably wouldn't eat at him as long as they're winning.

(01-05-2020, 01:57 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I think the Mavs would love to pull the trigger now if they saw a way to improve the team at an acceptable cost.
I'm sure they are making and receiving calls, I wonder how serious they are taking it?

(01-05-2020, 02:00 PM)omahen Wrote: I just wouldn't squander our scarce assets for marginal improvements and/or half year rentals. We are not there yet, imho
I fully agree, I think the use of the word marginal is the relative term that everyone has a different view on. It's fun being on a message board with so many different (not necessarily differing) views.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by ItsGoTime - 01-05-2020, 02:03 PM