Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 8: Toronto Raptors (4-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (6-2) | 127-116 loss
(11-09-2023, 08:58 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: If I am the Mavs GM, Maxi is not in my plans for the future.  That is not saying I would cut him now.  He has been a valuable piece as a solid role player when healthy.

When I look at our wings though I want a 4 man rotation.    Grant Williams is one.  Hopefully Green gets out of his funk and plays to the level he can.  He would be two.   Both of those guys are small though and not great rebounders.   We really need Omax to be one of these four.   The last spot is the ?.  I assume this is where we will use our assets to fill.   This guy needs to have size, can defend multiple positions, can rebound and could pair with Grant if Grant plays some small ball 5.   That is a lot to ask for.   I guy like Scottie Barnes or Jaden McDaniels would be ideal...they are just not available.  

At Center, I would probably like an option between Lively and Powell.  Where Powell is your third string center who fills in when we need a spark oi when LIvely is in foul trouble or injured.   This should require minimum assets.   Maybe even a journeyman like Drummond would fit in this role?   Our assets should be used for that big wing though imo.

Maxi has been really bad in this season start. To be honest, I was never his fan. He had one great playoff run, but other than that he was constantly injured and ineffective most of the time. I really hate his extremely slow shot and passes. Really limited player on offense. But, I agree with some that already mentioned, Mavs are not really doing him much favors playing him as a solo big. I would definitely try him in a PF role, especially since we can see Mavs look small against many teams now. Even more so with their long line of small players on the bench. Despite Curry losing all his minutes and Exum most of them, Mavs are still playing considerable minutes of small line-ups with 4 guards and a center. THJ is a great guy and can be very good player in the right setting, but unfortunately I think Mavs-THJ marriage is more or less a lose situation for the Mavs regarding overall result. He just doesn't fit with what would Mavs really need, despite several positive contributions. I really don't have anything against THJ, but team building is about putting the right pieces together. I am sure he can be a very valuable piece in the right setting. Orlando, for example, could certainly use him a lot.

Totally agree Mavs need another wing as you described him. All of the assets should be saved to get that guy. Once you get him, you tinker around the edges finding better role players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-08-2023, 07:42 PM
RE: Game 8: Toronto Raptors (3-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (6-1) | 7:30pm CST - by omahen - 11-09-2023, 09:20 AM