Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
(01-05-2020, 12:07 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: I don't think Luka will play with a veteran who is also used to dominating the ball.
Agree, but the guy we bring in needs to be able to spell Luka as well since he is already wearing out due to the physicality and pressure that he feels he needs to have the ball as close to 100% as possible, which is on him, in his confidence in his teammates. Last night I saw (minus JJB) every ball handler feeling the need to know where Luka is at all times and if he was working to get open, they better work to get him the ball. That is the perfect time to play 4 on 4 ball with the defense's best perimeter player fully out of the mix.

(01-05-2020, 12:07 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: What we also  need is a strong defensive PG  ( I love Brunson but we need an upgrade there). Remember the Bulls with BJ Armstrong and others.  The PG was there primarly to defend and hit the open shot, but not hog the ball.  Upgrade at the PG position in terms of length and strength and a 6'6"+ strong bodied running mate around Luka is what we need.
Frank Ntilika? He knows how to run an offense, just can't be the primary guy to do it. In spurts I'm sure he could do it. He could also be a DFS type of sneaky, capitalize when the defense isn't paying attention, type guy. That is until (hopefully) he becomes a 3 point threat.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by ItsGoTime - 01-05-2020, 01:13 PM