Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
(01-05-2020, 12:16 PM)omahen Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 12:07 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: I don't think Luka will play with a veteran who is also used to dominating the ball.

I just wrote you above that this was exactly the situation he had both in Slovenian squad and Real. He was sharing the ball a lot. I guess it frustrates him if he has to share ball with guys who are totally inefficient with it like Matthews or Barnes last season. You can see Luka has no problem sharing the ball with Barea. Luka wants to win!

(01-05-2020, 12:07 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: He is precisely the type of guy Luka needs.  A 6'6"+ strong guard who is a swiss army knife.

Iggy improves defense, but adds nothing on offense besides some spot up shooting. I don't believe he will make us a contender, therefor I wouldn't waste assets on half a year rental to make us marginally better. We also don't know how much is he still able to play. 

(01-05-2020, 12:07 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: What we also  need is a strong defensive PG  ( I love Brunson but we need an upgrade there).

We have Wright. But I totally agree, we should improve on the defensive side.

No one can win the title by doing everything by himself. LeBron always shared the ball with other excellent players. Jordan had secondary facilitators. I think Luka is well aware of that and would have nothing against having a capable secondary facilitator. Once again - Luka wants to win!

Lebron played with one ball dominant guard. That was Kyrie.  The relationship between them soon soured.  In Mia other than that first year, LeBron took charge of the ball. 

Also, when Luka played in Europe he was still a kid.  He is an adult now and clearly wants the ball in his hands more often than not.

I'm not saying he can't share the ball.  MJ needed Pip.  Everyone needs help which is why I am also asking for a swiss army type longer, stronger running mate.  What I'm saying is in the clutch there has to be a clear pecking order. If you get someone like CP3 or even Dragic who are used to having the ball in their hands, that won't work.  Even the Mavs had to send Nash and Fin away to make sure the ball went predominantly through Dirk. Dirk by himself was too subservient to ever demand that. 

So yes, a running mate is needed. But not a ball dominant running mate. Especially not in the clutch.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by hakeemfan - 01-05-2020, 12:27 PM