Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 7: Orlando Magic (4-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (6-1) | 117-102 WIN!!!!!
(11-07-2023, 12:29 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: As a general observation. Prior to the season I thought Kyrie would be in a score first role. But so far that hasn't been the case. More often than not Kyrie is trying to set up his teammates and getting everyone involved. At times to a fault when he is playing 2nd option to THJ or Hardy.
Feels like a big part of the 2nd half comebacks is a more aggressive approach from Kyrie. Up to him and the coaches to find ways to get him involved in the first half.

Kyrie had most shots on the team in this game, even after a bad 1 of 7 start in the first half. His efficiency is biggest reserve Mavs have, imho (while we have to expect that GW will not shoot 55 % from three for the season). 

I don't think it is so much about Kyrie trying to set up his teammates but more about THJ taking his almost every time he touches the ball. Hardy is not far behind in this category, although in general I like his attempts more than THJ. 

I think it is good to have someone who needs very little space to shoot it. But a lot of THJ attempts come early in the clock, from the dribble and against set defense. If such shots are really necessary (I don't think they are), I think Luka and Kyrie would be more efficient taking them. On the other hand, so far his efficiency has been mostly solid and he is putting pressure on defenses. I don't know, personally I would prefer he didn't take a couple of shots each game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-06-2023, 05:34 PM
RE: Game 7: Orlando Magic (4-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (5-1) | 6:00pm CST - by omahen - 11-07-2023, 04:31 AM