Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
Omahen...I don't think Luka will play with a veteran who is also used to dominating the ball. Luka even in his first year would always hang around the defensive rebound looking for the ball. Remember that lead to Wes and DAJ and some other veterans not giving him the ball, because they felt he was always demanding the ball. But that is in his makeup. He wants the ball in his hands.

A CP3 while theoretically it makes a lot of sense would need Luka to play off the ball quite a bit, and I can see Luka quickly getting frustrated with that. You say Iggy is not the type of guy he needs. He is precisely the type of guy Luka needs. A 6'6"+ strong guard who is a swiss army knife. Delon would have been that if he were 40 lbs heavier. However, the Mavs don't have many picks and Iggy would be difficult to get since other teams have interest too and better players, which is why I was suggesting Roby and seeing what we have there.

What we also need is a strong defensive PG ( I love Brunson but we need an upgrade there). Remember the Bulls with BJ Armstrong and others. The PG was there primarly to defend and hit the open shot, but not hog the ball. Upgrade at the PG position in terms of length and strength and a 6'6"+ strong bodied running mate around Luka is what we need. That along with the coach and owner understanding that defense and half court tough baskets are still needed and the game will always be ancient in that regard. That acceptance also helps in getting players to play that style. If you see the 2011 team (and even the 2006) team, we had a lot of length and defense.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by hakeemfan - 01-05-2020, 12:07 PM