Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
(01-05-2020, 11:00 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: 7) Rozier was the man on the court last night. Think about that. A player on the #$%@ing Charlotte Hornets having more testicular fortitude than the entire healthy Mavs roster. Go get someone with some dog in him!!! 

It is very different to be "a dog" if you are tanking and winning some here and there is just a plus or when you are expected to win on a nightly basis. Last year Mavs were clutch because they were not nervous. This is not an excuse for poor decision making in the clutch, though.

Luka was great in Slovenian squad and Real. However, he wasn't a leader. In Slovenian team Dragic was best player and leader. In Real he had a number of extremely experienced Spanish nationals (Reyes, Fernandes, Llull) - their stats were a bit lower compared to Luka's, but they brought the veteran stability. I am not sure who was the true leader in Real, perhaps Reyes. Their roles were much bigger than Barea role is, who is the only comparable veteran in Dallas. Luka is still learning to be the one and only leader.  

Let me say this - if we had CP3, we would have at least 6 more wins today.  I am thinking, we should get a very experienced veteran who can still contribute at a starter level. Crawford and similar players are not it. Iggy also is not. Perhaps Morris. Perhaps Reddick, but I am affraid New Orleans and the league started to dream to bring them to play-offs. 

In any case, looks like this season is dedicated to building a foundation ad learning. I don't expect big moves. They will see what they have and go from there in the summer. I just hope they will try to improve the asset base by moving Lee and using TE.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by omahen - 01-05-2020, 11:49 AM