Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123
Mavsluvr, thanks for the recap as always. Sorry no one else has acknowledged it yet - too many butthurt from last night's loss.

Several points:

1) We can't win without two of our starters, even if one of them is somewhat questionable in that role (though increasingly solid pre-injury). I'll preach it over and over and over and over again - that's on the offseason.
2) No playmaker aside from Luka - that's on the offseason as well.
3) While I love the fact that we tanked for Luka, and he wouldn't be here without it, perhaps it wasn't such a great idea to tank last year when we didn't have our pick. Luka et al. seem to have some holdover from last year in not taking games seriously. Luka in Euroleague and the World Cup was one of the most clutch players in basketball history, and now he's not clutch?
4) On one hand, I am sick and tired of people bashing Wright. He's hands-down our third-best player all-around (DFS is fourth, Maxi fifth, and Seth sixth). Rick didn't put him in because he was injured. On the other hand, the comments in the game thread about Wright, Brunson, and Jackson struggling in their roles were appropos. Be ready is great. But Marion and others have questioned the rag-doll tactics. It's got to stop. If it doesn't, Luka will have a new coach in a year or two. 
5) I'm really concerned about KP's knee. It has to be in really bad shape to justify his absence, and that's a pretty terrible thing for the Mavs. JOn notwithstanding, we can't win like we were without him. 
6) No big-man rotation with KP out. Guess why that is. That's right. 
7) Rozier was the man on the court last night. Think about that. A player on the #$%@ing Charlotte Hornets having more testicular fortitude than the entire healthy Mavs roster. Go get someone with some dog in him!!! 

It's not just that this team has a long way to go. It's that this roster has a long way to go. Guess why that is. I'll give you a hint. It's not what bartlettbear (and Kammrath, in last night's game thread) thinks it is.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Hornets 123 - by Scott41theMavs - 01-05-2020, 11:00 AM