Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs MVP at the 5% Mark (sans Luka)
I think GW has been most consistent of the bunch. Great and versatile defender who really punishes opponents if left open. Needless to say Luka centric team creates open looks.

Lively and DJJ both had two good games and two not that great ones (especially DJJ first two games were bad). Expectations for both were much lower, so I would have them sharing second place. DJJ really positively surprised me, mainly because he is not affraid to shoot a three. I remember him being way more hesitant. As long as he can be around 33 % shooter from a decent amount of attempts, defenses will have to be more honest with him. Some teams were gambling leaving him more open, but he did punish them.

THJ is scoring, but he was too much of a tunnel visioned chucker for my taste in most of the games. Taking many quick and difficult shots. I love the ability to hit a difficult shot, just don't appreciate it in the first "5 seconds" of the offense. Its great if they are going in at reasonable rate, but past experience shows that there will be many occasions where they won't.

Green is a great glue guy, but didn't take a step forward offensively so far. Even many stupid basic turnovers when trying to pass when already in the air. As if teams expect him more to pass than shoot. If he would have 50 % of THJ chucker in him, his yearly contract would likely start with a number 2, followed by a number between 0-9 and then 6 zeroes.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs MVP at the 5% Mark (sans Luka) - by omahen - 11-03-2023, 06:12 PM