Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 4: Chicago Bulls (2-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-0) | 105-114 WIN!!!!!
This was a really satisfying win.

We are rebounding really well.  Lively is a big part of this improvement but Grant Williams is really good at boxing out and even THJ is hitting the boards.  Kidd deserves some credit here for shoring up a projected weakness.

The team passing is also pretty terrific especially in this win.  Lively appears to be a basketball savant.  Did anyone actually anticipate him being an excellent passer in his rookie season?  The whole team is making smart passes though.  Kidd deserves a lot of credit here as well.

All the role players made positive contributions in this game.  Grant Williams has been better than I expected and looks like a great signing.

My only complaint would be that Kidd will have to speak up more when the Luka is being bullied.  Luka was hit repeatedly with no calls.  They weren't minor touch fouls.  There were several hits that knocked him down.  The officials chose not to call them.  Luka complained some but I thought handled it pretty well.  Kidd will need to speak up occasionally when this happens.  Kidd is a quiet coach but will need to occasionally find his voice to protect his players.

Overall though, great game by the Mavericks.
[-] The following 4 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Reunion Mav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-01-2023, 08:40 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-01-2023, 09:33 PM
RE: Game 4: Chicago Bulls (2-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-0) | 105-114 WIN!!!!! - by surfpuckmd - 11-02-2023, 09:41 AM