Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
(11-01-2023, 04:05 AM)omahen Wrote: I will repeat what I said many times before. Who starts is important. Not just for fans here, discussing the topic on and on, but also for players. I firmly believe you should start your best line-up for several reasons:
- Usually it is good to start your best line-up to ensure as good a start as possible.
- It impacts player value.
- it can impact locker room chemistry (why did that guy earn to start if I am clearly better. There could be two Mavs guys having this question atm)

Mavs are not a contender this year, they have to think long term. Not full tanking long term, but still. DJJ is here on a one year vet min deal. Even if he plays great, he will be most likely gone next season. Green is here for several more season, is young and his ceiling is a question mark. So it would make a lot of sense to feature him as much as possible to increase his value. Either to keep or trade.

There is also the effect on player who most think should start but doesn't. Questions and doubts immediately pop up about him. "Coach hates him", "team doesn't believe he is the long term solution", "his ceiling is low", "there must be something wrong with him in the locker room",... I firmly believe Wood result would be much different if Mavs made him a day 1 starter. Both for him as well as the team.

Edit: I fully agree with Meistermatze, that figuring out rotations after the starting unit so that you always have right balance between offense and defense on the floor, shouldn't be that hard. Some of us already pointed out, that puting DJJ in the starting line-up creates a situation, where Mavs have 4 SG on the bench, who are all good enough (or deserve) to play.

If Luka's conditioning is real (far from convinced this early), IMO this team is a contender by default. Luka being able to replicate his 1-3 qrt performance in the 4th is the difference from him literally being able to carry the team himself. But I would normally agree that you need trades for more pieces and probably the 2nd or 3rd year versions of what we hope Lively and Omax can be to really feel like this team is well rounded to contend around Luka.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by Dundalis - 11-01-2023, 07:25 AM