Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 3: Memphis Grizzlies (0-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-0) | 110-125 WIN!!!!!!
I don't even think last night was a bad Lively game. He just got into foul trouble. A few of those fouls are plays he will need to learn from. But I thought he was solid when in the game for the short time he was. I expect much rougher performances. I am glad Kidd started him in the second half and brought him back in the fourth. Being on the court is the only way he will learn to play through foul trouble.

Hardy will either look terrible or great depending on if he makes his shots. When he is making his shots, it can hide his defensive short comings. When his shots are off it can look pretty bad. He is going to look for his shot regardless. There is a happy medium between being aggressive and letting the game come to you. I am glad Kidd gave him a small run in the second half. One thing about Kidd is he gives his players real chances. He typically does not have a quick hook or have a one and done chance. Probably why players like playing for him. I don't think Jones Jr starting is going to work, but he is going to give Jones Jr a good chance to prove he can stay in the rotation. Back to Hardy, I think both THJ and Seth are the better fit currently. This is coming from a huge Hardy fan. He will just need to wait his time. When he gets his chance, he will need to take advantage of them. He did last year.

Memphis looks like they will be in trouble. Bane is really good. JJJ is also really good. But it appears he is much better playing next to a center than being one himself most of the time. Way too much shooting from Marcus Smart to my liking. They have several youngster who are still finding their footing. Tillman was one of my favorites in the draft a few years ago. Seeing him try to score last night was painful. He is probably best as a second or third center who isn't asked to take on a scoring load.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • MFFL, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-30-2023, 08:19 PM
RE: Game 3: Memphis Grizzlies (0-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-0) | 110-125 WIN!!!!!! - by Chicagojk - 10-31-2023, 12:36 PM