Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 3: Memphis Grizzlies (0-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-0) | 110-125 WIN!!!!!!
Interesting to me that we were +10 in the non-Luka minutes without Kyrie.  10 of the 12 players who've gotten minutes this season are positive in their On-Court (Irving -1.6 and Hardy -21.4 are the exceptions).  Luka is +8.1 On Court, but his On - Off is -6.3.  That doesn't say that Luka is bad necessarily.  What has happened is we've gotten very productive minutes from bench guys like Curry, Exum and THJ.  In other words, in a small sample against bad teams we are winning the non-Luka minutes.

It appears Green is pretty established as a closer of games even if he doesn't start them.  

I think Kidd is doing a good job of getting the guys just outside the top 7/8 a few spot minutes to keep them connected.  I'm thinking mainly of Powell, Exum and Seth here.  For all the complaining people do about Jones Jr., he's only averaging 17 minutes a game.  Luka 36.7, Irving 35, GWill 32, Green 30.7 and THJ 29 are the main guys followed by Jones and the center by committee guys.

From summer league a year ago I've said the biggest thing that will make or break Hardy is decision making.  Last night was not impressive.  

Well, we've seen three versions of Lively in 3 games.  Hard to know which is the outlier and which is the norm.  I'm not too worried about the bad games (especially early).  I saw what I needed to see in the first game.  When a young player shows what he's capable of, the work isn't getting to some new level.  The work is making what he's already shown something that happens more consistently.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-30-2023, 08:19 PM
RE: Game 3: Memphis Grizzlies (0-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-0) | 110-125 WIN!!!!!! - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-31-2023, 09:09 AM