Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 3: Memphis Grizzlies (0-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-0) | 110-125 WIN!!!!!!
This was easily our best game of the season.  Luka again looked terrific.  A lot of the role players had excellent games as well-  Grant Williams, Josh Green, THJ.  Dwight Powell was really good defensively and I was surprised to see him blocking shots.  

Derrick Jones Jr. may not have another game this impactful for the rest of the season but what a performance last night!  He actually showed he could take the ball to the rim and finish and not just dunk in transition and on lob threats.  He obviously hit a lot of 3s.  Great game for him and he was our second most impactful player last night.

As for the bad, I still think DJJ has no business starting.  I hope Kidd doesn't continue with this.  IF Kyrie is out, either Exum or THJ make more sense as starters.  I'd like to have at least 3 players on the floor with Luka who can hit the 3.  

Lively didn't get to show much due to fouls.  Jaren Jackson Jr. was allowed a lot more contact on defense than Lively was on the other side of the floor.  Hopefully, Lively gets better treatment from the refs as he gains experience.  

Overall, amazing game.  I thought it was a lot of fun to watch as well.  Although Memphis is still missing Ja, that's still a talented and very well-coached team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-30-2023, 08:19 PM
RE: Game 3: Memphis Grizzlies (0-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-0) | 110-125 WIN!!!!!! - by surfpuckmd - 10-31-2023, 08:04 AM