Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 3: Memphis Grizzlies (0-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-0) | 110-125 WIN!!!!!!
(10-30-2023, 09:56 PM)omahen Wrote: Mavs won, which is of course great and I love it. Another dominant performance by Luka, it really shows he came in playing form, similar to last season. Had to play him 40 minutes though, again similar to last season. DJJ had best game of his career. Powell was awesome in his minutes and I am not sure why he didn't play a bit more minutes over Maxi, who was average again imho. Williams, Green and Curry were solid. THJ chucking as usually, with the difference, that this was the game where they mostly went in. I think we learned so far, it doesn't last. As DirkfansinceIdon'tknowwhichyear put it nicely, Hardy made THJ look like a pass first guard. Again no minutes for Omax

However, I was not really enjoying watching the game. Offense, especially Luka less offense, was mostly just contested shot after contested shot. Mavs had just 84 shots and 47 of them were three pointers Mavs hit at almost 50 %. Needless to say this kind of percentage is not sustainable. Defense was also not great and they were lucky Memphis missed several relatively easy shots in the paint.

Ok, Eeyore. But Kyrie was unavailable. Lively was not allowed to play. It was a road game. They had road refs. And Luka was only +6 in a +15 game. Yes, it’s cool to be a pessimist. But it’s not always smart.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-30-2023, 08:19 PM
RE: Game 3: Memphis Grizzlies (0-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-0) | 7:00pm CST - by The Jom - 10-30-2023, 10:11 PM