Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN!
FWIW,

I think Maxi started to be a floor stretcher to try and pull Wemby from clogging the basket. Lively would have had zero cred and not provided any gravity to accomplish this. I think it sort of worked. Maxi has always been an OK defender, but he was over-matched on defense with all the length SAS put on the floor. He's going to be an important rotation piece going forward though.

Williams is someone we are all going to grow to love, I think. He had some turnovers, but hit 4 0f 8 on 3PA and played some tough defense when getting switched to Wemby that seemed to get more effective as the game wound down. To my eyes anyway.

I think Luka said it best...Lively was F***in Awesome! It's going to be fun to (finally) watch a young center grow into possible stardom in DFW. I think a strategy of keeping him on the bench early to avoid foul trouble keeping him effective late in the game is something to look at going forward, depending on the matchup.

THJ, love him or hate him, he kept the team in the game until they found their collective balance and found ways to play together.

I know it was important, for some reason, to go to Abu Dhabi and Madrid for "friendly" games, but this team would have been better served staying in Dallas and playing a more conventional exhibition slate.

I loved the fact that ESPN started the game only able to hype up Wemby but ended it talking about Luka. Like, oh yeah, we forgot how good he really is.

Anyway, on to the next one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-25-2023, 02:43 AM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-26-2023, 08:00 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by Dahlsim - 10-26-2023, 11:47 AM
RE: GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN! - by michaeltex - 10-26-2023, 02:57 PM