Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN!
Lots of good, lots of bad. Score could be a lot worse.

Lots of folks here down on Williams. I’m not worried yet. Seems like he’s doing too much on offense. Once they figure out his ass should just stand in the corner like PJ Tucker he’ll be great. On defense, he had a couple of bad moments on the perimeter, but it felt to me like he thought he had help behind him that wasn’t there. Could’ve been someone else out of position, or could’ve just been opening night team defense errors. There was one possession during which he went toe-to-toe with Wmbenyama, and it was literally the only time I thought the Mavs made him uncomfortable the entire half.

Luka playing well. THJ looks GREAT to me in that 6th man role, so far.

Exum and DJJ both looked like the NBA castoffs they’re supposed to be in this half. I really hope the team is ready to commit to playing more Green.

Kleber getting a lot of hate here, too, and I agree he has had some bad moments on defense, but I actually LIKE the strategy of him splitting time at the 5 with Lively. Should be a path to much better spacing when the synergy gets right.

Good god, Lively looks like a steal at 12 to me.

I’m not miserable right now. Even if this ends up being a loss, I’ve seen enough encouraging things to keep me interested.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-25-2023, 02:43 AM
RE: GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-0) vs. Dallas Mavericks (0-0)| 8:30pm CST - by KillerLeft - 10-25-2023, 10:06 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-26-2023, 08:00 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by Dahlsim - 10-26-2023, 11:47 AM