Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
(10-14-2023, 12:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I am not quite there yet with Luka, because I can still remember the difference that was made overnight here just by dropping him onto the roster. In all my years following sports, I'd never before witnessed such an instant transformation as a result of adding one player to one of the teams I follow everyday. 

But...on the other hand, I kind of get it. 

The thing I can't let go of is SPACING. I strongly believe THE reason Luka and Brunson were so dominant in those playoffs was that Dallas' spacing was superior to that of most teams. I think almost every team has 1-2 players who can't be stopped if the right organizing principles are in place, and Luka/Brunson were both at the top end of the "know what to do with all that space" spectrum.

IF Luka is to be your guy, you MUST play that way. He's not fast, and he's actually not that great of a shooter. You have to give him space, so that he can create unpredictable options for himself and others.

To me, that's coaching. System. I'd rather go back to a coach who LIKES offense than throw out Luka with the bathwater at this point.

I think more than space it was just that with Dinwiddie also hot, we had 3 guys who could legit create their own shot. The reality is that coaching is a bit overrated. That’s why superteams, even the ones put out overnight, are instant contenders. While that was not superteam, with what we know now of Brunson, that was a formidable one two punch with him and Luka. Dinwiddie getting hot, and the west being weaker then allowed the Mavs to make that major push. 

I would not base decisions on that run or blame the syatem since then. As mentioned Luka is an offensive savant, and I don’t use that word lightly. Next to Jordan and Jokic he is as close to unstoppable that I have seen.  For sure someone like him is not walking through the door when he is gone. I am not in a rush to give him up but Inam not understanding him either.  He can score in bunches anytime he wants. There is no reason to not play off the ball more and focus a bit more on defense. I am not asking him to be a legit two way player or to give up scoring. Just minor changes are required bit even that he seems to be unwilling.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by hakeemfaan - 10-14-2023, 11:15 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM