Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
(10-14-2023, 11:52 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: KL I am totally fine with Kidd being gone. More than even the Xs and Os part, is that I now know he won’t be the guy to reach through to Luka. That by itself is enough for me.  The franchise has to make a decision. Ask Luka who is he willing to listen to make a change or setiously start exploring to get the most for him. I have reached that point.

I am not quite there yet with Luka, because I can still remember the difference that was made overnight here just by dropping him onto the roster. In all my years following sports, I'd never before witnessed such an instant transformation as a result of adding one player to one of the teams I follow everyday. 

But...on the other hand, I kind of get it. 

The thing I can't let go of is SPACING. I strongly believe THE reason Luka and Brunson were so dominant in those playoffs was that Dallas' spacing was superior to that of most teams. I think almost every team has 1-2 players who can't be stopped if the right organizing principles are in place, and Luka/Brunson were both at the top end of the "know what to do with all that space" spectrum.

IF Luka is to be your guy, you MUST play that way. He's not fast, and he's actually not that great of a shooter. You have to give him space, so that he can create unpredictable options for himself and others.

To me, that's coaching. System. I'd rather go back to a coach who LIKES offense than throw out Luka with the bathwater at this point.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by KillerLeft - 10-14-2023, 12:16 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM