Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
(10-14-2023, 11:10 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: This perspective has validity, don't get me wrong. I have become increasingly frustrated with some of the issues you mention. But, they didn't seem AS troubling when the offensive principles demonstrated by the team were more sound, organized and practiced. 

I am honestly unsure at this point whether Luka is trending more towards ball-hoggery because he "doesn't get it" or because there really just isn't much of an organizing offensive system in place here anymore, leaving him little choice but to try to make things happen on his own. Without the spacing that Carlisle worked so hard to implement here, I might add. 

Can't be said enough: the back half of Kidd's first season, which was as successful as it could've possibly been, he basically let them go back to the systems Carlisle had in place and gave up on that whole "remake the bubble Lakers" dream (which is really more of a nightmare, if you ask me). The first half of that season was AWFUL, and instead of building on what worked down the stretch, Kidd has stubbornly doubled down on how he wants to play ever since. It's obviously less modern, less cutting edge and most importantly, way less fun to watch. That would be fine if came with the "more defense and more wins" we were promised, but in truth, the defense is worse and the wins are fewer.

KL I am totally fine with Kidd being gone. More than even the Xs and Os part, is that I now know he won’t be the guy to reach through to Luka. That by itself is enough for me.  The franchise has to make a decision. Ask Luka who is he willing to listen to make a change or setiously start exploring to get the most for him. I have reached that point.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by hakeemfaan - 10-14-2023, 11:52 AM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM