Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRESEASON GAME 3: DAL vs. Real Madrid
(10-13-2023, 11:08 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: If Luka only plays 65 games, no way this team wins 40 games. Mavs aren't good enough to have their top 5 player in the world sit up to 17 games with this roster. To me, that's wishful thinking. Then, factor in Kyrie at 70 games best case, this has the potential to go downhill quickly. I want to enjoy the season and the growth of the young team, but I don't expect a playoff birth this season and people that do, are likely to be disappointed. The West is stacked and unless Luka/Kyrie play 70-75 games (won't happen), no playoffs for this team.

They won 38 last season and Luka played 66 games.  Kyrie is a much better player than Dinwiddie so that should translate to wins.  Grant Williams is much better than Reggie Bullock.  The end of our bench is also significantly improved.  I believe losing Christian Wood hurts us somewhat.  I think it's a significant loss.  However, I do believe our roster is better than last season.  A significant injury to Luka though would certainly torpedo the season.  

The West is tough but I think we'll finish somewhere between 5th and 10th.

I predict 5th place will require 46 wins.  10th place will be 40.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 3: DAL vs. Real Madrid - by surfpuckmd - 10-13-2023, 08:19 PM