Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
(10-10-2023, 11:59 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: What can the Mavs’ history with Avery Johnson teach us about this situation?

If we're following Avery's trajectory, this is Kidd's prove it year and if they underperform again he'll be dismissed at the end of the year. 

But do you not think there is a scenario where this team underperforms so hideously that it doesn't force a massive change? Mavs have already embarrassed themselves by not making the playoffs with a guy like Luka. Imagine opening the year 5-15 after touting all the upgrades from the offseason and improved chemistry. At what point do you rightfully blame the lack of coaching? 

Quote:Do we think Cuban and Harrison think Kidd is at fault? Does Luka?

I think after a solid offseason with a multitude of upgrades and players Kidd approved of there is still glaring issues, I don't see how Cubes+Nico cannot blame Kidd. He is the 1 constant variable. I don't think Nico really takes into account what Luka wants, whether that be good or bad.

Quote:Now that Nurse is tied up in Philly, Stevens is a GM, Carlisle is ensconced in IND and of course we know Spo would never come here, what coach is even out there that we think can fix this? The MEM guy is impressive. Maybe he’s getting sick of the drama out there?

There is Budenholzer still available. We can follow in the footsteps of MIL in that way. As dirkfansince1998 put it, there are a multitude of talented coaches overseason and in the G-League. I am such a Kidd non believer that I think you could probably blindly pick anyone from Euroleague/G-League/College and they'd perform better than Kidd.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by SleepingHero - 10-10-2023, 12:50 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM