Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 2: MIN vs. DAL| 11am CT
(10-07-2023, 02:42 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: My positive thoughts on this game-

Derrick Lively continues to show a lot of potential.  It's so unique on this roster to have someone who routinely changes shots at the rim.  It's fun to watch a shot-blocker on the Mavs.  He's probably already our best rebounder.  He moves pretty well on offense although the results on that side haven't been very good thus far.  He's still raw and I think it would be a mistake to start him at the beginning of the regular season.  However, I think Kidd can gradually work him into the rotation as the season goes on.  I also think he's good enough that we shouldn't trade assets for a starting center (e.g. Capela).  I think Lively will be our starter by at least 2025.  He might be ready next season.  That's looking like a great draft pick..

Josh Green looked competent in the starting lineup.  I think the OMax vs Green debate should be over.  Josh is clearly better on both sides.  Let's let OMax spend some time in the G-league and gain experience against other professionals.

THJ looked pretty good.  In fact, all the maligned veterans seemed to look competent.  We had our best stretches when Powell, THJ and Green played.  I think there's clearly a spot in the rotation for each.

Hardy made a lot of mistakes but continues to show flashes of being special.  They're using him as the primary offensive option when he's in the game during preseason.  I don't think Kidd will do that during the regular season.  He'll look good again playing off-ball.

Dante Exum looks solid.  It will be nice to have him out there instead of McKinley Wright when Luka or Kyrie miss games.  

It's good to know that we have a player capable of tackling KAT.  I thought it was an unnecessarily play by Grant Williams but it's good to know Grant's out there in case somebody tackles Luka.  I wouldn't want Grant Williams tackling me.

The Timberwolves are a really good team.  That roster is pretty loaded and I think they're well-coached.  Not many teams have a top-3 as strong as Anthony Edwards, KAT and Gobert.  Mike Conley is a perfect point guard for that roster.  Jaden McDaniels is rising star.  They have a number of really good role players like Kyle Anderson and Naz Reid.  I think that can be a top-3 team in the West.  I think their roster may be better than the Warriors and the Lakers.  

The West really is loaded this season.

I was skimming through the end and was so confused at the "well-coached" statement then realized you were talking about the Timberwolves
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, sterlingmallory
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 2: MIN vs. DAL| 11am CT - by Jym - 10-07-2023, 02:45 PM