Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Holiday to BOS| Rob Willams+Brogdon+2 FRP to POR
(10-02-2023, 09:51 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I have not come to the conclusion if I like the Boston Jrue deal yet, but I believe I will end up thinking that it was a good gamble.  They gave up a GS first round pick and one of their own first round picks, so they still have future firsts and a ton of seconds to offer.  Losing Williams and Brogdan really hurts their depth, but it appears both Boston and Brogdan were done with each other.  Williams has always been a X factor for Boston.  He just can't stay healthy though.  Boston probably thought they would not be able to play two of Horford, KP and Williams together often.  So they traded an important part for another important part.

The Boston starting 5 looks really good.  After that Horford and Pritchard will be fine.  Horford probably needs to watch his minutes in the regular season and Pritchard will be fine in the regular season (Playoffs TBD).  After that, the depth is really questionable.  Boston is a smart franchise though (another reason to feel good that they had targeted OMAX before Dallas made the trade).  I actually like a lot of the fringe moves Boston has made though.  We will see if any of them can be important playoff type role players though. 

Looking at their roster, PF looks like an issue to me.  Brissett maybe fills that.  I am not very familiar with his game.  Right now it appears Tatum is going to get a lot of PF minutes.  Looking back, Grant Williams would be perfect to fill the hole they have a 6th man to eat up a lot of those minutes.

I have not been a fan of Boston's moves up to this point, but this move helps to make up for some of it.  They traded for an injury prone big man, so it makes sense they send out their two most injury prone players.  They also lost a lot of defense with Smart and Williams, and Jrue will replace that while adding additional offense.  I still think they took a big risk with KP.  Not only is there a danger of him being disgruntled with lack of offense going through him, but he is a huge injury risk and their only backup plan is 37.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Holiday traded to Boston - by omahen - 10-01-2023, 11:56 AM
RE: TRADE: Holiday to BOS| Rob Willams+Brogdon+2 FRP to POR - by mvossman - 10-02-2023, 02:24 PM