Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dame Trade: Dame to MIL| Holiday+Ayton+1sts to POR| Nurkic, Allen, Little to PHX
(09-28-2023, 09:24 AM)omahen Wrote: I agree that it looks like Milwaukee paid much for Lillard, but a lot depends on how much is Jrue worth. Obviously Portland didn't want Herro, but neither they want JRue. Miami would also need to send Martin to Phoenix to make the Ayton part of the deal (I think he is easily same value as Allen that was the only player going from Milwaukee to Phoenix). Final verdict could be done only after Portland trades Jrue. But lets say they get two picks for him and Miami would be prepared to include Martin instead of Jovic in the deal.

Miami offer for Portland: Ayton, 3 picks, whatever contract from third team for Herro, second rounders and swaps (with Miami sending Martin to Phoenix)
Milwaukee deal for Portland: Ayton, 3 picks, 2 pick swaps, whatever contract from third team for Jrue

Assuming Portland can get two picks for JRue, it looks very similar value for both deals.
I agree if Jrue yields 2 FRPs then it would be pretty much even. Color me skeptical after seeing what they accepted for Dame. Either way, we’re talking about making the trades equal. If they are equal, why not just make the deal with Mia where Dame wants to go? Could’ve also skipped the offseason-long drama by making it sooner. Pettiness.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-28-2023, 03:24 AM
RE: Dame Trade: Dame to MIL| Holiday+Ayton+1sts to POR| Nurkic, Allen, Little to PHX - by ItsGoTime - 09-28-2023, 09:59 AM