Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can the Mavs NOT Be Better with These Additions?
I think they will be better than last year. I also think they have made the correct decisions on how to build the team moving forward. They are not there yet and it will take a few more smart, good moves. I don’t see them as the WCF team run team nor the tire fire of last year. Maybe they are positioned in the middle, where they probably should have been all along. I think the Mavs will try to be aggressive. I think if a trade could have been had for a 3rd/4th best player, the Mavs would have pounced. I just don’t think the trade was available for what they were willing to give up. But I expect them to stay aggressive. We can debate whether it is better to be patient, but I expect them to be very aggressive.

Just last year, most in the media was saying that a healthy Luka gets you close to 50 wins. funny how that is never ever mentioned any longer. For some good reason, but still.

Lastly, while I think the Mavs will be better this year and more importantly they are positioned better moving forward (minus any Kyrie rock the boat moments), the west is really good. I like most of the rosters in the west. A lot will be determined by injuries and teams being able to execute in winning times late in games. Two years ago the Mavs did most of the really small things well. Last year, they did most of the small things wrong. If they can just get closer to two years ago, I think that is 5-6 wins right there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Can the Mavs NOT Be Better with These Additions? - by Chicagojk - 09-26-2023, 03:16 PM