Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia
(09-11-2023, 08:47 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: Do you think the Luka's of the world would get 40M a year without the international market that basketball have?
The NBA isn't taking FIBA seriously and allowing professionals to go out of patriotic tendency,  it is because it is essential for the growth of their own league and the owners pour more cash in their pockets while the extra strain is on the players and their trainers
You think if Dirk, Peja, Yao didn't represent their country,  it would have been the same exposure for the NBA in those areas.
No, those are all calculated business moves, that are profitable for the league. 

An example is basketball in Africa,  African super stars rarely represented their countries and it is a major reason NBA can barely get into the market, niether for cash or talents.
Players like Siakam, Embiid, Ibaka & Hakeem didn't represent African teams, instead the likes of Thabeet & DeSagana Diop are the best we have.

I mean my own NT Egypt somehow finished with 2nd best African result in World cup while we really suck in terms of talent in comparison to sub-saharian Africa. This is because those countries sees the likes of Eto/Osmihan/Mane &Drogba represents them in football/soccer but non in basketball

I agree completely. I think it’s a great point.

I STILL think someone earning $40 Million annually has a responsibility to make sure he starts every season healthy and in shape if at all possible.
[-] The following 6 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, ItsGoTime, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Reunion Mav, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-10-2023, 11:05 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by WillE - 09-10-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia - by KillerLeft - 09-11-2023, 09:38 AM