Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia
(09-10-2023, 01:52 PM)omahen Wrote: If Kyrie would be really wanted by team US for the Olympics, but he rejected. Would you support that decision?

Absolutely. That's the case for dozens of guys. Rest assured, they start at LeBron/Durant/Curry when building these rosters and work their way down. I honestly don't think the average American gives it a second thought. Even now, after not winning this thing, most American basketball fans won't care because it's not even the olympics. All we truly follow is the NBA, and even the olympics don't really drum up interest unless they fail to win gold. Then, it gets discussed for a week or two. 

I have read your words about how the Slovenian national team is viewed, and while I can't relate, I do UNDERSTAND. I'm not suggesting that a cultural shift is called for here. That's obviously nobody's place to even think about, other than people from your country. However, I will be pissed as a Mavs fan if Luka's season is impacted by an injury that could've been remedied by sitting out of this thing, especially thinking about the generational wealth he'll earn for this one season, alone. 

It's not an easy conversation, let alone an easy problem to solve. That's for sure. I'm just being honest. 

Let me ask you this, because I'm genuinely curious, as this might be yet another cultural difference, seeing as our thinking is a little more infected with capitalism than some other countries: Is there any thinking by the average Slovenian that an annual salary of $40 million comes with an ethical (perhaps even moral) obligation to make some sacrifices to ensure the best chances possible to perform at a high level?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-10-2023, 11:05 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by WillE - 09-10-2023, 03:30 PM
RE: FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia - by KillerLeft - 09-10-2023, 02:05 PM