Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia
(09-01-2023, 07:14 PM)Jym Wrote: Consolidating would certainly make some sense. I wouldn't be against that.
But who do you have in mind?
Most Green trades that I see floating around here seem to involve getting a center and I don't know about that. Getting a better wing that can also still defend PGs while scoring at a higher clip would be more my goal but I'm not sure who that would be

I don't think there will ever be a consensus here about those guys. As good as they are, they are all flawed in some areas (otherwise they would be stars), they usually cost a lot and they are usually paid very well. I think Mavs do need a decent center, at least much better one than they have now. I agree also that Mavs need another good two-way wing, unless the bet is for Green to become that. I am perfectly fine with that bet, just saying that Green will need to show (much) more than he is showing now. 

Difficult to speak about names. I think any of Capella, Allen, Claxton, Turner or Zubac would be a good option at center. Guys like White, Caruso, Smart or Dort would be great point of attack defenders and with the exception of Dort they were all traded recently for not that much. White came from a tanking team for a late FRP. Not many of us thought Smart would even be available. Who knows what OKC plans for Dort are. My point is, the 2027 pick should be a good enough asset to get one of these kind of guys and get "some change" back. 

Good front offices usually make it happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIBA Qualifying Tournament: Slovenia makes it out of groups! - by omahen - 09-01-2023, 07:35 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-10-2023, 11:05 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by WillE - 09-10-2023, 03:30 PM