Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia
Excellent win by Slovenia. Scored 90+ points on not particularly well shooting. Australia chose to double Luka whole game (Luka only took 9 shots because of that), but rest of the team was good in 4 on 3 situations. Even plenty of non Luka minutes went reasonably well. I think Luka was still best player on the floor, despite stupid technical and 4th foul. Tobey capitalized hsi opportunities mostly generated by Luka almost to perfection.

Josh Green is still unimpressive. Just passive. I don't care about the highlight dunk. It was actually his only field goal with just 5 shots taken. Australia game was basically limited to Mills and Giddey one on ones, rest of team couldn't capitalize much in open shots, with the exception of 2 Thybulle threes. Ingles is a very smart player (shows on defense), but I agree he looks done. Exum scored 13, but needed 13 shots to do it, missing several open shots. Didn't see much of playmaking. Still, he left a better impression than Green.

Germany and Slovenia are in quaterfinals no matter what and their game will determine who will play who. Loser will likely face Canada, while winner will likely face one of biggest surprises Latvia, which defeated Spain today. Game against Australia showed that doubling Luka is still not necessarily the way to win. So it will be interesting to see what tactics next teams will take.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIBA Qualifying Tournament: Slovenia makes it out of groups! - by omahen - 09-01-2023, 01:32 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-10-2023, 11:05 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by WillE - 09-10-2023, 03:30 PM