Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 123, Nets 111
(01-03-2020, 01:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 01:09 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 12:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 10:40 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I actually really liked the rotation last night. Luka looked locked in when he came in with 10 minutes left in the 4th and subsequently scored a quick 15. 

I do think the wear and tear of the season is getting to him though, and Luka hasn't looked 100% since the ankle injury.

The JJB lineups did not work. Starting five had terrible chemistry and was down 10 early. Jackson, JJB, Doncic and Powell on the floor together was an initation for the Nets to score at will. RC made the right adjustments after his early experiments failed. Kleber started the second quarter. Powell wasn´t used as the single big and played most of his minutes next to Kleber. Boban replaced both as the single big for the bench unit.

That said. The Mavs need another option that can play minutes at PF/C.
Well, I'm not sure that is fair to JJB, because he was getting guys wide open three point attempts.  The problem was Powell kept bricking wide open shots.  If I remember correctly, he bricked two wide open three pointers early in the game while the Nets were building a lead, and he ended up going 2-8.  DFS wasn't much better, going 3-8.  I thought Barea did just fine at what a point guard needs to do.

Offense wasn´t the problem. The Mavs couldn´t get a stop. Not a suprise with JJB, Jackson, Doncic and Powell sharing the floor. JJBs ability to create of the dribble is as good as it always was. JJB is by far the biggest defensive liability on the roster. Outside of taking a charge he cannot do anything. Cannot contest shots because he is to small. Cannot stay in front of anybody.
Whenever he or Boban enter the floor RC changes the scheme and the Mavs play zone to hide them.
How can offense not be the problem when you only score 3 points in about 5 minutes of play? The Mavs need to hit wide open shots when they get them.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 123, Nets 111 - by mtrot - 01-03-2020, 02:04 PM