Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead part of offseason, what do you think is the worst/best trade in Mavs history
So for a bit of self pride...

I proposed on a board a long time ago (say 20 years) and far far away a deal that would have sent LaFrentz to Dallas; NVE to Boston and Howard & Harvey to Denver.
Ron Haneberg (RIP) dissed the deal due to Dallas receiving the best player in the deal while shipping out complete dead weight. in salary (can't remember who I had coming back from Boston).
My counter was that Dallas could cut the Boston angle out and simply take both NVE and LaFrentz if that would be more realistic. By the time the trade went down LMF had switched servers and the thread/board was lost to the powers of the interwebs.

Almost as solid as my prediction that Dallas COULD kick the cap space in the summer of '19 and hold onto Harrison Barnes' Trade Exception into the season if they did not like (or if any FA did not like them) an available target in the Summer of Discontent as a way of extending the trade asset. What I did not presume was that Cuban would preserve the largest TE in NBA history and mount it on the wall as a trophy.

I hate it when I am right, because NVE is in my top 5 most uncomfortable to root for Mavs: Odom, Rondo, DAJ, NVE, Deron Williams
[-] The following 2 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead part of offseason, what do you think is the worst/best trade in Mavs history - by SkenfromLMF - 08-07-2023, 11:46 PM