Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead part of offseason, what do you think is the worst/best trade in Mavs history
(07-31-2023, 09:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You know, I'm not trying to let them off the hook for not doing their due diligence and discovering he was a drug addict at the time. Seriously, I think they should've figured that out. But, once you get past that, if they were actually getting the version of Lamar Odom they THOUGHT they were, that's a pretty damn good trade.

It was a no brainer type of deal. 

On paper Odom would've been huge for the Mavs. Just came off yet another 6 MOTY type of season with 15/9/3 and his fit next to Dirk would've been huge.

But alas he was on CRACK. Not sure how the Mavs could've figured that out without someone in the Lakers org or close to Odom telling them, so I don't fault them at all in making this deal. Odom torpedoed that season on his own, regardless of losing Barea+Chandler (though it hurt so much watching Ian Mahinmi trot out there...).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead part of offseason, what do you think is the worst/best trade in Mavs history - by SleepingHero - 07-31-2023, 10:22 PM