Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
(07-15-2023, 06:09 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: No one said anything about a third star. You don’t have to make things up to win the argument. Your only rationale for thinking you are correct is that you personally like Lively. I personally do not love him and ALSO MORE IMPORTANTLY don’t think he’s on the same timeline as your two best players. Read that several times if you need it to marinate.

You do not have any kind of logical high ground like you are pretending you do.

I expected to go into next season pretty confident we’ll make the playoffs with one of the 3 best players in the world. Right now, I’m not.

That’s the closest I can come to understanding what you’re saying, sorry.

I do think Lively is good. No idea why you don’t, but ok. I suspect you and I just like different types of centers.

We’ve touched the timeline thing several times, but you’re just not getting my point about that (or who knows, maybe I’m just wrong). Kyrie’s timeline is irrelevant. Meaningless. Every single move they made is screaming that at us, and I’m glad. ALL of the moves made are right in line with Luka’s timeline. He’s 24. The WORST way of approaching this summer would’ve been to care about Kyrie’s timeline, like even a little. Now, that’s my opinion, but I’m not understanding how someone can be so down on the Kyrie thing, like you and I both were, and then be pissed that they’re approaching the situation, unexpectedly, with the proper level of perspective on how deeply to get into the Kyrie business. Everything they’ve done says “here’s your chance to help us, but we’re building around Luka, not you.” 

I don’t even know what “logical high ground” means in this context, other than it being a signal that you’re taking this to an uncool, personal place. I have zero clue what I’ve said to make you react like that, but I’m sure I’ve said absolutely zilch “to win an argument” or to convey anything less than respectful to you. 

Your LAST point is the one that matters, imo. I assumed that their situation was going to get WORSE this season (something like that #10 and Green for Capela is exactly what I expected). I do not care if they make the playoffs or not (think they will) as long as they’re putting together moves that indicate there’s some sort of PLAN in place.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by KillerLeft - 07-15-2023, 06:29 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM