Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
People seem to be under the misconception that we turned one pick into two. That’s not what happened.

We took on two years of a bad contract for a guy that was third string in order to buy a pick in the 20s. I think we all like Omax so far but that wasn’t trading 10 for 12 and 24.

(07-15-2023, 06:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: So you thought that after years of moves that didn’t work, loads of collateral damage and veeeeerrry few assets they were going to tank for a week and then turn the #10 pick into a 3rd star, vaulting themselves into instant contention?

They weren’t going to contend this year. That move isn’t out there, because it doesn’t exist. I mean, trade everything they did this summer, all of it, and add Pascal Siakim to last year’s team. Is that a contender? 

What they did will make this year WAY more fun to watch this season, will improve them in some very key areas and has an almost 100% chance of improving their ability to make themselves contenders next year or the year after. That is SOOOOOOOO. Ugh better than another year of trying to fix the Hoover Dam with duct tape, especially since the duct tape was running out!

No one said anything about a third star. You don’t have to make things up to win the argument. Your only rationale for thinking you are correct is that you personally like Lively. I personally do not love him and ALSO MORE IMPORTANTLY don’t think he’s on the same timeline as your two best players. Read that several times if you need it to marinate.

You do not have any kind of logical high ground like you are pretending you do.

I expected to go into next season pretty confident we’ll make the playoffs with one of the 3 best players in the world. Right now, I’m not.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by RoyTarpleysGhost - 07-15-2023, 06:09 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM