Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
(07-14-2023, 09:38 AM)omahen Wrote: And btw, I just don't get the "Powell will be most likely starting center" takes. We have seasons of proof that Powell is not a capable starting center (on a contender). I can't see a scenario where Mavs are a contender with Powell as a starting center. So, unless Holmes is a total lost cause, please play him. Don't repeat the Wood mistake. Play him, inflate his numbers and most importantly, increase his value. Give him a chance from day one and make him his to lose. Who cares, if Mavs lose a couple of games more than they would with Powell, if Holmes numbers will be more of an empty numbers. They are not contender in any case.

I think most of the takes regarding Powell starting are mostly about dissatisfaction regarding the center position as a whole.  I don't think the Holmes situation will be anything like the Wood situation.  I think Wood had known red flags and the team recognized some of it almost immediately.  By all accounts, Holmes is a high character guy and they will give him every opportunity to take the starting job.  They had no intention of starting Powell last season and he is basically Holmes insurance for this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by mvossman - 07-14-2023, 10:36 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM