Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer league - Dallas Mavericks vs OKC observations
One thing to note about Hardy is that he was guarded by a guy who I think will make multiple all defense teams. Wallace was outstanding defensively, he had Chet to back him up protecting the rim, and some of the other OKC guys look really good defensively too, they had a lot of length and athleticism. I don't think Hardy would play against that good of a defense that often even in the NBA, especially not when he's coming in against bench units. To me that puts his actual performance in perspective, along with the fact OKC had already played games, and this was Hardy's first game. He was not just playing against random summer league dudes by a long shot.

Now he certainly had some rough moments, but I've mentioned before people forget not everyone develops like Luka. Literally everything is there skillset wise with Hardy, but sometimes it takes 2-3 years for the game to slow down for some players. Think Dudley mentioned that in one of his pressers. He's just going through that phase.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • haveitall
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Summer league - Dallas Mavericks vs OKC observations - by Dundalis - 07-10-2023, 08:05 AM